Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Newly Wed?

It has been a great while since I last blogged. I am currently sitting in our kitchen at our new home. I have a beer to my right and my husband is madly cooking away in the kitchen, perfecting a beer-barbecue tofu concoction. (I'm not sure how that can get any better.) We're freshly back from our honeymoon trip to San Francisco and Portland. We've been crazy busy since our return: thank you cards, errands, homemaking, and gardening galore. It's been great. Busy and wonderful.

So I survived wedding planning. It was definitely a roller coaster of an event. I don't think I'm a super emotional girl... and I'm not into the rigid traditional ideals that engaged girls are bombarded with. But it did throw me multiple curve balls and I did leave Luke dumbfounded a few times. (Probably wondering how he ended up with a crazy woman.) But in the end, our wedding day was wonderful. I felt present and remember the entire thing. I married a man who is too good to me and loves me fervently. I managed to keep my friends and appreciate them more. I love my husband more now than I first did when I fell for him. (He would find that hard to believe.) But really... marriage is awesome. I feel like people have some horror stories they like to share, not that I expect it to be a piece of cake. But I didn't know having a spouse would be so much fun. I've laughed more than I have ever laughed in my life. We dance horribly... get excited over fruit stands... talk about the animals in our neighborhood and how to charm them into not eating our vegetables... scheme and ponder.

Now dinner is ready and there are more important things to do than blog... but I am excited for the rest of life and all that entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment